Covid-19 Policy and Procedure
The PCCOB shall undertake all necessary precautions to protect its staff, volunteers, and clients from pandemic infectious diseases. This policy pertains to dealing with COVID-19.
The Center shall undertake all necessary precautions to protect its staff, volunteers and clients/patients from Coronavirus/COVID-19.
1. The Executive Director, or designated appointee, shall be responsible for keeping updated on the impact and recommendations regarding COVID-19 pursuant to the CDC and state and local agencies and shall implement their guidance accordingly.
2. All non-essential personnel, staff and volunteers, shall be advised to not come to the center until further notice. If their work can be performed from home, those arrangements shall be made, keeping in mind HIPAA requirements.
3. All persons seeking services from the center shall be screened as stated below in the "Client Expectations" section.
4. The center shall disinfect all surfaces, including doorknobs, phones, light switches, workstations, computer keyboards and mice, countertops, bathrooms, etc. on a regular basis per the center’s Universal Precautions Policy and recommendations from the CDC and OSHA. A log of such disinfecting shall be kept to assure it occurs several times a day. The disinfection will occur after every client is seen.
5. Staff/volunteers are to be reminded to wash hands regularly, to keep the bathrooms and kitchen areas clean, and to be educated on the transmission and symptoms of COVID-19.
6. The center shall provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol in the reception area and in at least on other area in the center frequented by people.
7. Any staff/volunteers with possible exposure to Coronavirus through identified contacts or travel shall notify the Executive Director immediately, and before reporting to work. Quarantine will be done according to directives from the CDC and the state and local authorities.
8. All staff/volunteers at the Centers will be screened with forehead temperature prior to beginning work shift. Those with a temperature above 99.5 shall be asked to return home and seek appropriate medical attention.
9. All classes and meetings are suspended until such time as public gatherings are determined to be safe by the CDC and/or state and local authorities.
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the government has set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions which the Pregnancy Care Center of Burke County (PCCCOB) adheres to comply.
In consideration of client participation in the PCCOB's programs, all clients must acknowledge and agree to the following:
The client is aware of the existence of risk of COVID-19.
The client has not experienced symptoms of fever, fatigue, difficulty in breathing, or dry cough, or been exhibiting any other symptoms relating to COVID-19 or any communicable disease within the last 14 days (before his/her appointment date).
Client has not, nor any members of the client's household, traveled internationally in the last 14 days before his/her appointment.
Client has not, nor any members of the client's household, visited anywhere within the U.S. that was reported to be highly affected by COVID-19 in the 14 days leading up to the appointment.
Client has not been, nor any members of the client's household, diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus OR exposed to anyone with diagnosed COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
Clients must sign a written declaration of the following:
"I am fully and personally responsible for my own safety and actions during my participation at the PCCOB, and I recognize that I may be at risk of contracting COVID-19."
"With full knowledge of the risks involved, I herby release, waive, and discharge the PCCOB, its board, officers, independant contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, and assigns from any and all liabilites, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by me related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19."
"I agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the PCCOB from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the released party due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19."
"...I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Liability Release Waiver and understand its contents; and fully competent to give my consent. That I have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give my voluntary consent in signing it as my own free act and deed; that I give my voluntary consent in signing this Liability Release Waiver as my own free act and deed with full intention to be bound by the same, and free from any inducement or representation."